Monday, June 27, 2011

Road bicycles 3

Test rode the Cannondale CAAD 10, Specialized Allez Comp, Bianci Nirone, and the Trek 2.1. The Cannndale was clearly superior.....but....

I just got off the phone with my ex-now good friend who told me to check out the Cannondale Supersix 105. I touched the carbon bikes in the shop, and so now I have to test ride it...

Still, my goal here was to give a beginner's impression of entry level road bikes, and, maybe I've been riding for a few years, I can just begin to distinguish between the subtle differences of the rides. Two things struck me most:

First, the Shimano 105 gear set was much easier to use than then SRAM Apex. Second, the Cannondale felt stiffer and I felt more confident on it. Despite wearing my clip-less shoes on cheapo regular pedals, I did not feel shy standing in the saddle -- whereas on the other bikes I felt wobbly.

I can tell that riding a road bike's gonna be exciting and scary, but that i'm going to FLY! Can't wait to ride the Supersix! Update: googled a comparison between the CAAD 10 and the Supersix and found this forum discussion. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment