Sunday, June 26, 2011

Road bicycles 2

In my quest to get a new road bike I visited my local Mike's Bikes to check out the Cannondale CAAD 10 and the Specialized Allez Comp Compact M2 Apex (with SRAM Apex components, as opposed to the  Specialized Allez Elite Comp with Shimano 105 components like the CAAD 10). Unfortunately, it was close to closing, so I only got to ride the Cannondale.

This was my first time on a road bike. Strange as it sounds, I was excited, even nervous. So of course the tire exploded with a pop like a cap. ...

After returning to the shop for a replacement wheel, and again 'cause I had no idea how to shift, I got to ride around the block before closing.

The ride position was so unusual for me, that I really had no way to evaluate the bike. One thing I could tell, though was that it's gonna kick ass when I get it on the road. Already have my plans for an 80 mile ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment